Refer or Report

We encourage our UF Community to reach out for support and report or refer a student of concern, dangerous or disruptive behavior, issues of academic misconduct, or other behavior that may negatively impact the campus community and beyond. Some of these reporting options and resources are confidential. If you have questions or concerns about which may be the appropriate reporting option, do not hesitate to contact the Dean of Students Office at (352) 392-1261.

Please remember, these reporting forms are not monitored 24/7. If this is an emergency or you need immediate assistance, please call 911.

Refer a Student in Distress

This process allows students, staff, faculty, and UF community members to refer a student of concern. If you are aware that a student is experiencing challenges or difficulties, please share the concern using the link below. The entire UF community will benefit. It is our goal to intervene before the student reaches a crisis level. Examples of concerning behavior includes but is not limited to the following: a student in distress, exhibiting uncharacteristic behavior, or displaying unhealthy patterns of behavior.

When referrals are received, Campus Assistance and Resources for Empowerment (CARE) will:

  • Review your referral and assign it to the appropriate Case Management Services staff member.
  • Reach out to students or referring party as needed.
  • Meet with students in-person, via phone or video-conferencing to discuss concerns.
  • Identify the next best course of action – including but not limited to referring a student to on-campus or off-campus partners, discussing appropriate options, etc.

Report a Student Conduct or Honor Code Violation

Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution, as part of the Dean of Students Office, handles complaints against University of Florida students and student groups but not faculty or staff. Any submitted complaint must indicate a possible violation of one or more of the Student Conduct Code or Student Honor Code located in the Orange Book.

File a Police Report

The University of Florida Police Department provides service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact them anytime at (352) 392-1111. In an emergency, dial 911.

Report a Title IX Violation

Title IX protects people from discrimination based on sex in education programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance. Anyone who believes that he or she has been subjected to a violation of this policy or related retaliation is strongly encouraged to promptly report such behavior to the Title IX Coordinator or any university official, administrator, supervisor, manager, or faculty member.

Report Hazing

The University of Florida’s goal is to be a “hazing-free university.” This will only happen with the cooperation of all involved: potential new members, members and leaders of student organizations, advisors, coaches, faculty, staff, and parents. Together we can make this campus a hazing-free zone. If you become aware of a hazing incident, or are concerned that what is being asked of you may be hazing, please report it to either organizational advisor, the University of Florida Police Department or to Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution. By reporting hazing violations, you help yourself, the organization, the University, and you may possibly be saving a life.

Report an Incident of Bias

The purpose of the RESPECT Team is to provide impacted parties of bias incidents opportunities to be heard and supported; understand and respond to situations that affect the University of Florida; educate and inform the community; and create awareness of ignorance and intolerance. The RESPECT Team provides services to witness(es), bystander(s), targeted individual(s), offender(s), or a member(s) of the community. The RESPECT Team does not investigate, adjudicate, or take the place of other UF processes or services. Rather, the RESPECT team complements and works with campus entities to connect impacted parties and communities with appropriate support and resources.

Contact University Ombuds

The University Ombuds serves as a resource and designated neutral party for students and staff who may have a university related concern or problem. Such problems may be related to grades, difference of opinion with instructors or co-workers, interpretation of university policies, or other administrative issues that may be of concern. The Ombuds will work with staff and students to interpret university policy, and help identify options and strategies for resolving issues.